Hi all! Well I spent a week on glorious retreat at Naganaga and had a truly lovely time. Cant say I missed work at all!
Upon my return I found a ttortoiseshell cat in my bed (put there by Lisa from Sydney). I am now a foster Mum for the next three months to 16 year old Miss Myrtle. She reminds me a lot of Mischief, a tough character demonstrating courage and bravery and a perverse willingness to inflict injury. Rule number 1 is "never, ever, ever stroke Myrtle when she is lying down". I should repeat that, NEVER! We started off with a foot savaging and a few random poops. However I have now mastered Rule No 1 and the savagings are less frequent (whew! nearly out of Dettol) and have solved the pooping issue with the ever present assistance of Google. It seems if they don't dig in it, they wont poop in it so a hey presto change of cat litter and Myrtle's toileting is now pristine. She wakes me at 4am every morning to express her delight at the new cat litter. Oh, and to play in her paper bag which handily makes a lot of noise. Our one remaining challenge is to wear her claws out on something other than my sofas. The scratching post remains unscratched.
I have attached an image of Myrtle posing next to my first injury in the next post.