Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Tinned Peas!

My pantry is now graced with a tin of Processed Dried Peas Minted. Lucky me! Yes, Mum has arrived. Last Tuesday I went to Bundaberg and packed, scrubbed and organised until I was weak. Then drove 12 hours through rugged backyard Queensland with a stop over in a dog friendly motel (Mum and dog set up a lovely overnight wheezey symphony -  oh the pleasures of ear plugs).
The house has not yet sold, but Mum decided enough was enough and she left regardless. Hooray I say!
Things have changed on the job front. My three month contract with Essential Energy was not renewed! The cheek. They did not even tell my project manager and very nearly did not bother to tell me. Fortunately I already had found another job, which starts in Feb with two old work colleagues, one of whom is a blood relative. Three days a week but lots of commuting. Ah well! 
Myrtle continues to test my patience with random poo activity and some intense focused widdling. This is the only mar on our otherwise devoted relationship. Tip: Woolworths sells a good enzymatic wee cleaner.
Casting my mind back to my last post, I realise I have not covered how the Naga Naga retreat went. Ahhhh what a peach. A really great, deeply inspiring retreat. Totally enjoyable. If they run it again (and I think they are) do try and go!