I am still in my rental home. With Mummsie but without doggie. Jay Jay, the chatty dog, passed away last week due to a large tumorous growth in her belly. I do miss her excessively enthusiastic wake up visits in the morning. Myrtle is long gone too, but rather than to the heavens she has returned to the loving embrass of her mum, Lisa, back in Sydney. So I am petless. Dang.
We have not had any luck finding a house. We did find our dream house. The agent hadn't even listed it on the internet yet and only one other person had seen it (the day before us). We made a cash offer on the spot. At asking price. Then over asking price! The other person kept matching us. So we missed out. Bugger.
The local agent is going to do a special listing for us and a few other house seekers in the local paper, begging people to sell us their houses! Its not that there are none for sale here in Kempsey town. They just suck.
I am working with some old friends from my Infra days, who have set up a small consultancy installing and implementing that software program down in Sydney. I am working with Imperial Tobacco at the moment (cough cough). And here is my old ma with emphysema! Bastards. I do feel my ethics are being shrivelled. I get to work from home a bit so the travel has not so far proven terribly onerous.
I am also doing a bit of work down the road in Port Maquarie for Essential Energy. Not a nice bunch to work for but I am not an employee, rather a consultant, who can scarper off anytime I feel like it! Whoo hoo.
So that's where things are up. Much the same!