Thursday, 7 June 2012

no Inky?

Well it seems that my blog has failed to deliver the Inky video. It will have to wait now till my next telephone billing cycle then I will try and upload it again.
But basically she runs around like a very cute kitten. 
She went to the vet yesterday for her second AIDS inoculation and then slept most of the evening on my lap. This was so unusual it freaked me out. I had to keep poking her to make sure she was not dead.  And I wanted to play....
Her favourite toy is the crinkly cat tunnel, and the extra-long-fingers-with-pom-pos-on-the-end hand glove. Mum and I also enjoy these toys as we do not get so scratched and bitten. Mum is still to learn that wiggling her fingers absentmindedly is a red rag to a kitten.
The neighbours brought around their cat, Mr Morgan (famed for his persistent attempts to woo Myrtle, even going so far as top open the screen door and wander about the house). He was so unimpressed by being in a cat harness (to restrain any unexpected enthusiasm) that he ignored little Inky! Perfect. So she snuck up and sniffed him a few times and then relaxed. Next time he squashes his face up against the back glass door to watch Inky frolic we can let him in without concern.
Still no house I am afraid. Mum vents her frustration every now and then, but I manage to contain her rage but reminding her how long I have been been in Kempsey and therefore how much greater my suffering is! She pulls her head back in pretty smartly.
I am off to Perth next month for Dadoo's birthday. Mum will remain behind to continue Inky's home schooling program then we swap and she will be heading West herself. I hope to slip in a few lessons on Buddhism For Cats in her absence. It will include a practical session on eating tofu.
Did I tell you they breed mini-pigs outside of Taree??? A piglet called Pinky and a kitten called Inky. A see a children's story emerging.