I just spent a fantastic weekend at Diamond Beach (near Taree) soaking up the sogginess amongst the dunes. Unfortunately I picked up a little companion whilst lying among the dune grasses. Now,there maybe people out there who think ticks are cute, especially when you tickle them under the chin and they giggle, but I am not one of them. They are especially uncute when they are fixed firmly behind your ear, squeezing out so much cemetem you think half your head is going to pull of my be the time you achieve extraction. My head ached for hours afterwards. It stills hurts today. My poor ear. I have attached a photo of the offending arthropod to my earlier post. You will note its mouth parts are intact, which is great news. I am not playing host to any tick lips.
This morning on the way to work I managed to coax a nervous boarder collie into my car (want a sweetie?) which I thought was a less risky option that leaving her to play on Pacific Hwy. Was a bit cautious as she had that look. You know, that 'I am trusting you right now but one wrong pat and I own your arm' look. I wonder how many karma points I get for a dangerous old dog rescue? Lots I am sure. Personal peril is a karma multiplier.