Hoppy was taken out the back for the removal of her bandage; it was a two man job its seems. The loud chicken scream was not re-assuring. However, she was returned to us intact and a bit ruffled. She had a new bandage as the skin is yet to 'granulate' (whatever that means) but her stitches are out and she is looking good. She is much perkier, her comb is redder, she is now standing on her stump and today she was actually walking on it! She looks so much more comfortable and happy. I think we can count the operation a success!!!
So while Hoppy is happy and well, poor Tiger has had a traumatic experience with a randy drake. He is one big duck and completely crushed her. I tried to chase him off and he refused to go! He had a wild look in his eyes and was going for gold. Poor chook. Once he got off she stood up and just didn't move, panting. She did survive but is now expecting chucklings.
We get new flooring next week which is our first big renovation. I have to pull the kitchen out myself before they start as Cliff has piked and the floor man wants to charge $400. It will be great to to see the end of the varnished builders wood sheets. Blurk.
Also have a job offer!! Last day at Essential Energy today and got a job offer on Monday. That real estate agent in Kempsey I have been buttering up for over a year has finally relented. I meet with her on Saturday so I will let you know.