Now that I am feeling more settled I have been hankering for a little furry friend (Zeldy Tickford Baggins back at Justine's, while not a particularly enthusiastic canine cuddler, still met my minimum fluff time requirements). So what does the universe send to my front step? Mr Scabby. Mr Scabby the cat. Black and fluffy, very cuddly but covered in little scabs. It all looks good till you give him a little scratch and have to clean out your nails.
It also turns out that on Wednesday mornings my front yard is booked for a three-way cat fight play date. The meditation gods were against me that morning (the neighbours lonely dog howled for at least 2 hours).
Fortunately there is a scab free cat down the road who hangs on his verandah every morning. He waits for me to give him a come hither eyebrow raise and then he shoots up the driveway to get his cuddle before I change my mind. I call him Janet Bremner.
There have been complaints that I am not providing enough photos (family think they can say whatever they like!). So here is a photo of my desk at the library (in the teen section - I cant get away from 'youth' it seems... although I am yet to see any... the seniors rule Kempsey). I spend most afternoons here. There is free internet, a water cooler and a bakery not too far down the road. Padmalaya and Viryadana work here on Friday's so its a big party on that day.
The real estate agent bought some prospective buyers around yesterday. Yikes! As far as my own house sale is going... what a drag. The bank is stuffing the buyer around and they have extended the cooling off period three times (so they can still pike at anytime). I gave them real grief on the last request so I hope it finally comes out of the cooling off on Thursday. The normal period is 5 days. It will be 15 on Thursday.
I visited the Kempsey Men's Shed yesterday. They have a Shelia's day on Tuesdays. They ladies were most excited to have another join them and were very friendly! So I shall be joining next week. First project, a three way folding screen.
It also turns out that on Wednesday mornings my front yard is booked for a three-way cat fight play date. The meditation gods were against me that morning (the neighbours lonely dog howled for at least 2 hours).
Fortunately there is a scab free cat down the road who hangs on his verandah every morning. He waits for me to give him a come hither eyebrow raise and then he shoots up the driveway to get his cuddle before I change my mind. I call him Janet Bremner.
There have been complaints that I am not providing enough photos (family think they can say whatever they like!). So here is a photo of my desk at the library (in the teen section - I cant get away from 'youth' it seems... although I am yet to see any... the seniors rule Kempsey). I spend most afternoons here. There is free internet, a water cooler and a bakery not too far down the road. Padmalaya and Viryadana work here on Friday's so its a big party on that day.
The real estate agent bought some prospective buyers around yesterday. Yikes! As far as my own house sale is going... what a drag. The bank is stuffing the buyer around and they have extended the cooling off period three times (so they can still pike at anytime). I gave them real grief on the last request so I hope it finally comes out of the cooling off on Thursday. The normal period is 5 days. It will be 15 on Thursday.
I visited the Kempsey Men's Shed yesterday. They have a Shelia's day on Tuesdays. They ladies were most excited to have another join them and were very friendly! So I shall be joining next week. First project, a three way folding screen.
