Monday, 1 August 2011

On the road again...

Nother weekend at the nag.  The week prior was punctuated by periods of un-remarkableness.
I did manage to walk to the Kempsey Dog Show. It was a best of breed type thing which is not my style but a dog is a dog! I got a mass snuffling from a pack of keen pugs and a bit of a slobber from staffy. All good. The most interesting thing was the people exhibiting their dogs. They are suppose to look smart when they enter the ring to show their dogs. Talk about a scruffy lot! They were all wearing jackets from the 70's that were often several sizes too large. So many watermelon and peach shoulder padded numbers I felt a little ill from the time warp.
I spent three days up at Naga Naga as Megha was having a ceremony Monday morning before going into solitary atop the mountain ridge. I helped chainsaw wood, move furniture, wash dishes, and lots of other stuff I am sure. I even go to sing with the others a little farewell song for Megha. Lucky lucky me. 
Photos of the hermitage are still embargoed so here is a picture of Akasamati enjoying a rest in the vege patch.
I have given out 18 copies of my resume with varying levels of enthusiasm from the recipients. I had one hot lead from the Telstra shop that went cold. I have also got a meeting with a real estate agent to talk about helping them with their systems. That could be fruitful but wont be long term work.
This week I hope to finish painting the rust spots on my car. They are all bogged and sanded but have the grey patchy primer look. I will also hand out more resumes, attend a yoga class, do an art class and see a documentary at the Band Box cinema (think Dendy with no-one ever bothering to go).