Thursday, 29 September 2011

Another day and yet more money

I am sitting here at my desk, hair the colour of lava, reading the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms and wondering where my soul has gone (all the Buddhist reading this are thinking 'you never had one'). I just read a Dilbert cartoon where his head shrivels up when people yell at him. I feel a bit shrivelled without any yelling. And we are up to day 5. Still, my account is feeling fatter already. I hear obesity is bad for one's health (or in my case my non-existant soul)!
Cliff the antique guy around for dinner a few nights ago. I got him using my new Xbox Kinetic which tracks your body movements using infra red. The games you can play are amazing. He was very fond of flying but I had to pull the plug as I suspected a myocardial infarction was just a few flaps away. He is talking about getting his own now. Scruffy the terrier also attempted to play but merely got bruised and stepped on. He gave up and lay on the rug.
Completed a two day induction course here at Essential Energy, and met the woman sort of responsible for sustainability. The company is a bit disjointed in this regard and their office based green practises are a bit weak and pathetic. The GM of IT was on the same course so I dropped my Green IT credentials loud enough for both to hear. I gave up on Green IT when it fizzed in Sydney. Now I have abandoned it and Sydney, and yet might get to actually do some here in the bush! Woo hoo.