Dad and his partner Rosemary visited this week. Dad confessed to not reading my blog, so a good deal of slander will now ensue.
We visited South West Rocks and popped in on the sculpture exhibition at the old jail. Fantastic old stone building with stunning views of the ocean. The level of quality of the sculpture was encouraging, I feel I can confidently enter next year and be a contender!!! See photo.
I bumped into Akasamati (from Naga Naga) at the jail and we exchanged thoughts on some of the works.
I also took the oldies to the little pioneer museum, the Aboriginal art gallery and to the Shelia's Shed. So they got a very rounded experience of my life. We also stopped at lots of coffee shops, as is their way.
Dad has a friend, Arthur, in Taree who has his house adjacent to the airport (took 'em 6 years to find a bit of land that was actually butt up against an airport). He runs a flying training business and has his own hanger on his property. We spent a night with them. There is actually a 'fly in' here at Kempsey next Sunday so Arthur and his wife Heather will be buzzing up in their little plane for a day visit.
I stumbled across a garage sale just down the road from me (and bumped into two people I know... small town). I bought these two fantastic 50s room divider originally from a Kempsey Hair Dressing salon of days long gone. It reminds me of the hairdresser I used to go to when I was a kid! Its a bit wonky so I shall restore it at the Shed. I also took a photo of an interesting plant the reminds me of a sea creature. The iPhone really struggled with the close up.
This morning I conducted a blogiview (an interview for a blog) with Akasamati and Satyaghandi about their upcoming retreat. Stayed tuned!
We visited South West Rocks and popped in on the sculpture exhibition at the old jail. Fantastic old stone building with stunning views of the ocean. The level of quality of the sculpture was encouraging, I feel I can confidently enter next year and be a contender!!! See photo.
I bumped into Akasamati (from Naga Naga) at the jail and we exchanged thoughts on some of the works.
I also took the oldies to the little pioneer museum, the Aboriginal art gallery and to the Shelia's Shed. So they got a very rounded experience of my life. We also stopped at lots of coffee shops, as is their way.
This morning I conducted a blogiview (an interview for a blog) with Akasamati and Satyaghandi about their upcoming retreat. Stayed tuned!