Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Yay - a sofa to sit on

Hi all. Another day another dollar spent! I finally have my new used sofa in my loungeroom, along with my classic radiogram (my TV is on top on the DVD player in the record player). My fridge is even busily fridging! I paid a handyman to come around and help me move them in through the backdoor. I had to help. This moving lark has been great for my arms. I am feeling so much stronger and I have even lost weight! Back is a bit sore but all my toning and exercising over the last few months has helped so much. No physio for me this time!
I also bought a rug today, I thought something bright would be nice as everything else is in tones of wood. Lovely sort of see green blue colour which sooo does not go. Dang.
I dropped in on the local real estate agent whom I got to know well last time I was here. Put the heavy word on her about employing me. She wants a full timer so I pointed out that I could do in 4 days what would take another 5! I don't know if she bought it.
I also went to a yoga class this morning. Poor lady was so nervous. It was her first class ever.  It was in a nice and toasty room and the Kempsey Silver Band rooms. That was until a band member popped in to return instruments and let all the heat out. Was brisk after that!
I have found the locals to be either very friendly, or totally not. I asked if a  vegetarian sandwich with banana tasted any good at a take away. "I dunno. Never eat it." was the whole and entire answer.
Yesterday I went for a long walk around the cemetery which is just over the hill. I saw a magpie beating on its brother! It swooped the poor thing a dozen times. The swoop was a mazing, pulling up inches from the ground. Have tried to upload videos. You will have to twist your head as I had the camera on an angle!

Tonight I am watching a 50's black and white sic fi movie while sitting on my sofa. Very good!